Sunday, January 29, 2012

Favorite movie scene(s): Raging Bull

Martin Scorsese's masterpiece. The fact itlost the Oscar to "Ordinary People" was a fucking tragedy. I've got two scenes that I think make it the best boxing movie ever. (Although "When we were Kings" is a close second. First, the opening credits, beautiful:

Next, the fight against Sugar Ray Robinson. Scorsese used sounds of jungle animals, rifle shots, and melons being busted open during the barrage Lamotta willingly received on the ropes.

"You never got me down Ray" Is like "May the Force be with you" to me as far as movie quotes go. If you don't think that is beautiful, artistic cinema, go back to reality TV and "Twilight." You can expect Martin Scorsese to be in my top directors post for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment